Sara Kate's Story

Saturday, August 08, 2009

way TOO long!!!

hasn't it been? I hope you didn't give up on reading my blog! My family and I have been so busy the past weeks, and I couldn't ever find a good time to write. We've been going to the park, the pool, school, sick, chasing Jake, getting ready for company and birthday parties, etc. A few weeks ago my mom had some minor surgery on her nose for "bad" skin. A few days later, I got strep throat. Then my mom got strep throat and finally Jake got it. Ree was here visiting for the week and thank goodness neither she or dad got sick! I had so much fun playing with Ree. She found Jake and I very entertaining! Pop came mid-week to play with us as well. He also helped my dad get ready for the big carnaval birthday party. Ree and Pop took us out to eat and shopping a few times. That was fun! Jake and I had a joint birthday party this year. We had a carnival in our backyard. It was sunny and HOT! 22 kids came to join in the fun. Most of the kids were my friends from school. The jr. high girls (Sarah and Rachel) across the street did face painting. We had carnival music, a bounce(jump)house, a big tent, balloons, a pinata FILLED with candy, a duck pond, pizza, cupcakes and sno-cones. Sound like fun?! We were tired after the party but all the work was worth it. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Ree and Pop left a few days after the party. I went back to school after being off for a week. I had no issues going back. I was glad to see all of my friends again. We had my last day of "Early Learners" party this week. Next week, I'll be moving up to the "Seekers" classroom. I'm excited because my friends Maddie and Robert are moving to that classroom as well. We ended this week back at Urgent Care...well, not me...my dad had to take Jake. Jake woke up on Friday and was very fussy. We didn't know what was wrong with him and suddenly realized that he wouldn't crawl. It turns out that he had "nursemaid" elbow which is where your elbow gets out of joint. Ouch!...I know because it happened to me when I was a baby. I think that it might have happened when Jake and I were wrestling the night before. Jake likes to play a little rough. Friday night, my family and I went to TGIF at the pool. Jake and I had SO much fun at the pool...more than usual. I think that we liked it so much because the pool was warm and there were so many kids around. We ate pizza and cake there. Everyone was wiped out when we got home. This past weekend we went back to the park. I saw some of my friends from school there. I am getting to be a pro at climbing and sliding! Jake enjoyed crawling all around and really likes climbing. If you saw him climb up slides, you'd never guess that he doesn't walk yet! Jake also loves when he sees other babies his age. He says "AWE!" and wants to grab their faces. He is really amazed by other kids. Jake is a climber for sure. At times we find him on the kitchen table! For not walking yet, he sure gets to where he wants to go! Jake also loves to dance or "shake it" on command. He does this cute little jig with his shoulders. The boy really has rythmn! SO..after the park today we went to Chick-fil-A. When we were getting out of our car, we heard "Sara Kate!". Guess who it was?...Robert!!! The Saturday fun continued as we had a impromtu lunch date with Robert and his family. Whew!..so I think that you're caught up now on what's been going on with us. Hopefully, it's not as long for the next post!

The 3 amigos at the park (Maddie, Robert and I).
Celebrating Ree's birthday..a little late..Birthday party pics...
School party pics...
BLACKMAIL!!!! Whenever Jake teases me someday, I'll be sure to pull out these photos! yes, this is totally wrong but I wanted to dress Jake up. Isn't my little brother cute?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Ree said…

    Sara Kate--I have been looking for your blog update--I was thinking maybe you forgot how to write! Just kidding. You and your family have been so-o-o-o busy! Pop and I had the time of our lives with you and Jake. You are such great kids and so much fun to be with. We really enjoyed taking you and Jake out. Ya'll were so good. We miss you two and love you so much! Hope all goes well in your new classroom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home