Sara Kate's Story

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Trick or Treat!!! Oh my...we had the best Halloween. We had SO much fun! Our halloween started out with carving pumpkins last week (pics to come). My mom had to clean out the insides of the pumpkins. Jake or I would NOT touch that mess! My dad had to help with the knife and cutting. We made 2 beautiful pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns. We put candles in them..turned out the lights and it was spooky!

Then last week, Jake and I had our school parties. Unfortunately, Jake's was just a kids party with only teachers and no parents. My mom and Jake made spooky finger sandwhiches for his party. My party was a fall fun day. We got to wear our costumes to school. Our parents came in to help with the craft centers. So, we sang songs, did crafts and ate spooky snacks. As you can see, I'm wearing the flower girl dress as my costume. I'm supposed to be a Barbie Flower Girl. I had a mermaid costume but insisted at the last minute on wearing the usual:) After the party, I came home with mom the rest of the day. She worked from home and I played in my closet all afternoon. There's lots of good stuff in my closet! I even found an old dance recital cat costume and decided THIS would be my Halloween costume...oh dear..so many costumes!

Sunday was actually Halloween day. We began the celebrations at the neighborhood clubhouse for the kids party. There was a bounce house, crafts, food, a parade of costumes and of course..my best friend Eleanor. Jake was Woody from Toy Story and I was....the Cat! The weather was so nice. There were tons of kids running around and it was hard to keep track of Jake and I. It was a little windy. Jake's hat didn't have a strap and it blew into the creek a few times. My dad saved the hat each time by going into the creek to rescue it!

After the party, we came home..freshened up our make-up and then headed to the Davis' (Eleanor's house) for more food! Then we walked up the street trick or treating. Oh my gosh..I didn't realize how fun trick or treating was! Eleanor and I RAN from house to house. I kept saying more houses, more houses...I didn't want it to end! Jake kept up speed with us pretty well. He always brought up the rear because he wasn't running. Jake was funny on the first house. He was really dragging behind until he looked up and realized what was happening..we were getting CANDY! He got so excited that he hurried and tripped up the steps. When the people would let him pick what candy he wanted, he was sure to grab a handful! Poor Jake woke up at 3AM with a belly ache. He said,..."too much tandy mom". I hope that everyone had as much fun as we did. The next day after school I asked my mom if she could take us to THE Target so I could buy next year's costume. She said that it was time to talk about Thanksgiving...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home