Sara Kate's Story

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A sad day..

Today was a very sad day. My dog Jack went to heaven today. He was taking medicine for the past 2 weeks for a possible infection from a bump on his chest. He seemed better except for the past few days. Today was his worst day. He didn't want to play or walk and he was having trouble breathing. My mom made him an appointment for this afternoon at the vet but he didn't make it. I was actually napping when it happened but immediately when I woke up questioned "where's Jack-a-boo?". He's usually at my mom's feet so I wondered where he was. My mom told me that he went to heaven. My other dog Brantley is very sad and lonely. We are giving him extra love because he doesn't quite understand what happened to his best friend and brother. I probably won't remember Jack when I get older but he's in a lot of my pictures so I'll hear all about him when we look at pictures.
Here's a picture taken of me today while I was feeding my baby. I saw my mom feeding Jake today and had to do the same exact thing with my baby. I said that the squash baby food was gross and messy. I'm not sure how Jakey can eat that stuff! Yuk!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Ree said…

    I am so sorry to hear about Jack! He was such a smart doggy. I know that your family will miss him and I will too. The good news is that you have another puppy that you can love on. Brantley will be sad for a while, but he will probably like the extra attention he will get. It is sad when pets have go to heaven, but we all have some good memories of Jack that make us smile. With just one dog there probably won't be as much annoying barking going on either and your mom and dad will like that. Just wanted you to know I feel sad too.
    I love you all!
    Ree

     

Post a Comment

<< Home